You are invited to worship this week online at St. Marcus Lutheran Church, Milwaukee. The Saturday - 5:00 pm and Sunday - 9:00 am services can be accessed LIVE on Facebook.
To access the St Marcus' Facebook page from your computer for the next live-stream service click here. When you are at their page and see a flashing red box that looks like this Live click on the video link and you should go to the livefeed. Alternately, go youself to www.stmarcus.org and look for the worship section.
These are the most recent recent service uploads from St. Marcus. One click will take you directly to the St. Marcus YouTube channel.
Saturday, July 11 ... contemporary worship with a message from 1 Corinthians 7:1-16 by Pastor James Hein and instrumentalists and vocalists. Sermon Series: "Messy Christianity" - Theme: "Understanding Sex and Marriage."
Sunday, July 12 ... Sunday worship with a message by Pastor Daniel Leyrer from Jeremiah 28:5-9. "When Will I Have Peace?"
Saturday, July 18 ... contemporary worship with a message from 1 Corinthians 8:1-13 by Pastor James Hein and instrumentalists and vocalists. Sermon Series: "Messy Christianity" - Theme: "My Rights."
Sunday, July 19 ... worship with a message from 1 Corinthians 8:1-13 by Pastor James Hein and instrumentalists and vocalists. Sermon Series: "Messy Christianity" - Theme: "My Rights" (a reprise of Saturday's message).
Saturday, July 25 ... contemporary worship with a message from 1 Corinthians 11:17-34 featuring Pastor James Hein with instrumentalists and vocalists. Sermon Series: "Messy Chrisitianity" - Theme: "The Meal of Fellowship."
Sunday, July 26 ... Sunday morning worship with a message by Pastor Mark Jeske from Job 38:1-11 ... "Enjoy God's Amazing Creation!"
The resources below are available through our synod or from other churches of our fellowship. You are welcome to explore these places on the web and use them for your and your family's continued spiritual growth. (Use the back arrow on your browser to find your way back here.)
- Taste and See ...The WELS Missions office partnered with the Lutheran Women's Missionary Society (LWMS) to host an online event called Taste and See, which origninally aired June 27-July 11. It featured many live events: missionary interviews, Q & A's, feature segments, and worship opportunities which have been archived for your viewing convenience. Learn more about WELS mission work at home and around the world!
- The WELS Connection for the month of July, 2020. Learn about the WELS Endowment for Student Financial Assistance which helps students at our ministerial education school minimize their student debt obligations.
- Safe in God's Word While Safe at Home ... Explore seven thoughtfully selected, complimentary resources to help keep you safe in God's Word, and connected to your loving Savior, while you are safe at home (from Northwestern Publishing House.
- "Forward In Christ," is offering the opportunity to download complimentary issues of our church's monthly magazine. Stay in touch with what's happening in the WELS through this valuable resource.
- Together is our synod's bi-weekly online e-newsletter. Read the latest news on how COVID-19 is affecting our synod's churches and its ministries. There's also a short video story, for example, through the April 28 video update you can meet Rev. Dan Laitinen, the first missionary for TELL, an online Bible-based training platform developed by WELS Multi-Language Productions to bring the gospel to English-speakers around the world.
- Worship Helps for the upcoming Sunday. The Scripture lessons normally read on that Sunday of the church year. Note: Typically we use the 'supplemental readings.' Several simple questions will guide you to a greater understanding of the lesson and how it fits with the overall theme for the day.
- Family Devotions from WELS are based on Scripture readings appropriate to the season of the church year. An audio feature allows you to listen to the devotion if you'd like.
- Free Hymns from Northwestern Publishing House. Print and audio files of select Christian Worship hymn for your family's devotional use.
- yearbook.wels.net/streaming will take you to a page that lists churches of our fellowship which either have livestreamed services and/or services that have been recorded and posted online (at YouTube, for example).
A Prayer for All 2020 Graduates
- Emmanuel Prayer Group ... You are invited to share your prayer concerns. Our prayer group will join you in lifting them to the Lord in prayer.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11).
Dear Jesus, this time of year kids of all ages graduate from kindergarten all the way to grad school. Graduation can be a time to reminisce. But graduation is also a time to look ahead toward the future—to the next step on our path to further education or that new job. No matter what age we are and no matter where we are on our path of learning, please don’t let us forget that this world and all it offers are nothing next to the plans you have for us. You are preparing our future—a place in eternal paradise—for us, not because we deserve it, but because of the perfect life you lived for us and the suffering and death you endured in our place. No matter what opportunities or challenges may be allowed to cross our path, thank you for the future you are willing to share with us. Amen.